Selling Your Home in Boulder, Colorado
So, you've just been promoted! This is great news, but the problem is that you'll have to sell your home in Boulder and move to Seattle. There are so many details to be dealt with that it can be overwhelming. Where do you start? Among the first things to do is to find a real estate agent. You don't want to hire just any agent, but the right agent.
Finding a Seller's Agent
- A good place to begin is with the real estate agent that sold you your current home. Was the transaction a positive experience? Is that agent still in the business? If so, you might want to consider working with that person. They have already established themselves as a professional in your eyes, and you've gotten to know a bit about their work style.
- If that agent isn't available, ask your friends, family, or co-workers if they can recommend someone. Over 75% of our business at RE/MAX of Boulder is from repeat customers and client referrals.
- Check out the local newspaper. Real estate ads can tell you a lot about the company. Do their advertisements look professional? How descriptive are they? Do they have good quality photos? Can any local real estate company compare with the visibility and advertising quality that RE/MAX of Boulder, Inc. has?
- Browse the Internet to look for Boulder real estate companies. On their sites, check out the properties being displayed. How many pictures are there? RE/MAX of Boulder believes in offering a variety of pictures to give clients a clear vision of the homes available. In addition, all of our property listings on Realtor.com are enhanced to allow for the maximum number of photos and virtual tours.
- Once you have selected a company with a solid reputation and good marketing campaign (like RE/MAX of Boulder), you should keep in mind that there can be a difference between the individual offices. Choose an office with a reputation for success. RE/MAX of Boulder, for instance, has led the region in per agent volume for 25 of the last 30 years.
- Now it's time to choose an agent. You may want to interview 2 or 3 agents to see if there is one who meets all of your criteria. These meetings should be about personality assessment. You are about to embark on an intense journey, and you want to work with someone who is professional, experienced, prepared, and motivated. All of the agents at RE/MAX of Boulder have the expertise needed to sell your home, but there are a wide range of personalities to choose from.
Questions to Ask Your Prospective Seller's Agent:
Q:How long have you been in the business?
In 2005, the National Association of REALTORS® indicated that up to ½ of their membership had less than 5 years of experience in the industry. Years of experience lends itself to better negotiation skills, realistic market expectations, and inspection concerns. Experienced agents have been through the ups and downs of the real estate market, and have dealt with a variety of situations. At RE/MAX of Boulder, our agents have an average of 17 years of experience!
Q:Do you work full-time?
It is difficult to stay on top of innovations in the industry and changes in the market if an agent has another job. All of our agents work full-time, so you know they're giving you 100%. Our agents have knowledge and insights into the local market that can help sell your house.
Q:Do you have any professional designations?
There are many advanced designations that are available to REALTORS®. If your agent has special designations, ask what they stand for and what they mean to you as a client. At RE/MAX of Boulder, we have a very high number of Certified Residential Specialists, EcoBrokers, Accredited Buyer Agents, e-Pro Brokers and Graduates of the REALTOR® Institute.
Q:Have you had any complaints filed against you?
If so, what were they for?
Q:Do you have references?
Good agents will have references to give you. Don't be afraid to check these out.
Q:How many listings do you currently have?
The answer to this will give you an idea of the agent's availability and expertise. While you want someone who is successful, you don't want to be neglected. Choose an agent that will have time to work with you and address any concerns you may have.
Q:Are you part of a team?
If this is the case, you will sometimes be dealing with various team members. You should know this up front, so your expectations can be met.
Q:How many sellers have you worked with in the last year?
Sometimes agents prefer to work with buyers rather than sellers. This answer will give you an indication of their focus.
Q:What is your marketing plan?
Real estate agents are happy to share their ideas for marketing your home. If you interview 3 agents, you may get 3 different plans.
Q:Do you work in my price range?
Some agents are more comfortable in various price ranges. For example, a luxury home expert might not be a good fit for a first time buyer.
Q:When will I hear from you?
Some agents will e-mail weekly, while others will call monthly. Be sure to cover this topic so that neither party will feel that their expectations were not met.
Meet our agents and see who has the qualities you're looking for. If you aren't sure which agent would be a good fit for you, feel free to call D.B. Wilson, who is the broker for our office. He can recommend a suitable agent based on your needs.
Choosing Your Agent
Once you have interviewed a few agents, hopefully one will rise to the top as a clear choice. Maybe you liked their sense of humor, their eye contact and their communication style. You are convinced that they are professional, honest, educated, and a good listener. They are about to become your biggest ally in selling your house.
Communicate with them. If you would like feedback on a particular showing, let them know. If you are out of brochures, let them know. If you think they are doing a great job, let them know. Ordinarily, you will form a unique bond with this agent. They will help make the whole home-selling process less stressful, and more informative.
Find the perfect agent to help you sell your Boulder home
contact the professionals at RE/MAX of Boulder, Inc. today!
Terms and Conditions: The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC.® Real estate listings held by brokers other than RE/MAX of Boulder are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified.
Copyright 2014 METROLIST, INC. -- All Rights Reserved 6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500 Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA
Listing information last updated on November 22nd, 2014 at 1:27pm MST.