In this tight economy, many homeowners are trying to cut corners, and while selling their homes, they may be trying to sell themselves instead of enlisting a real estate agent. But in actuality, having an agent is financially intelligent. Here’s why.
1. Market know-how: This is one of the best things your agent can offer. A seasoned agent knows your market, which will help you price accordingly—perhaps the number one most important things you can do when selling your home.
2. MLS access: An agent has access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)—a database of current homes for sale. This access works both ways. An agent or broker can list your home on the MLS, and your property info will be instantly available to agents all across your area. Additionally, your agent can search in the MLS for potential buyers.
3. Details, details, details! Your agent is going to be a big help in getting your home ready for sale, from the big things like major home improvements, down to the details, like pointing out housing-code or zoning violations. Plus, an agent can help you fill out the paperwork you will need before you offer your home.
4. Less stress. Your agent can take on stressful or awkward tasks, like negotiating with buyers and their agents. This is extremely helpful if your buyer is demanding. You can count on your agent to ensure your sale goes smoothly, and if something does come up, they know when to call in a lawyer. Plus, often buyers are not comfortable viewing your home when you are in it, because they feel pressure and/or awkward about bringing up things they don’t like. An agent is the perfect go-between.
5. Word of mouth. Your agent has tons of connections, and can provide referrals to contractors, home inspectors and lawyers. Most agents are always talking to other agents, which is a great resource when looking for buyers.
For more information on selling your home, please contact RE/MAX of Boulder, Inc. at 303-449-7000, or 1-800-825-7000.
RE/MAX of Boulder, Inc. located on the corner of Canyon and Folsom, is nationally and locally recognized as one of the most successful real estate offices in the industry. Nationally, they are one of the "Top 500 Power Brokers in the United States" as listed in National Real Estate & Relocation magazine. Real Trends ranked them #1 in the Nation for Closed Sales Volume for 2010. Regionally, for the 5th year in a row, the company has been named the #1 RE/MAX office in America for Single Office Closed Volume. They can be reached at 303.449.7000 or visit http://www.BoulderCO.com. Connect with them on Facebook and Twitter, search remaxofboulder. Subscribe to their YouTube channel and see videos of all their homes for sale at http://youtube.com/remaxofboulder